The Conejos County Sheriff's Office is dedicated and committed to working with the community to make the County of Conejos a safe and desirable place to live, work, and visit. Our mission is to partner with the community to solve problems and improve public safety in a manner that is fair, impartial, transparent, and consistent.
INTEGRITY: We are committed to the enforcement of laws and the preservation of order and property. We are honest, truthful, and consistent in our words and actions, and therefore worthy of public's trust.
PROFESSIONALISM: We treat the public and our colleagues with courtesy and respect. We understand that our appearance, words, and demeanor contribute to the public's confidence in us.
EMPATHY: We have compassion for victims of crime. As members of the community, we have respect for and promote the diversity of the community.
Conejos County Sheriff's Office
Every Saturday and Sunday
Females 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Males 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Concealed Carry Permits
TO: Applicants for concealed carry handgun permits
The following is a list of items that you will need to have completed prior to receiving a Concealed Carry Handgun Permit from the Conejos County Sheriff’s Office. There is no exact time line on receiving a CCHP, as this depends on the background and fingerprint checks done by the CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigations.)
- An application, completely filled out, which you can pick up at the Conejos County Sheriff’s Office. You will need to have the application signed in front of a notary public, which is available at the CCSO, during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- A copy of your driver’s license, which needs to be done so at CCSO.
- Proof of a handgun training course. These will be verified to make sure the training is legitimate and through a respected instructor. We do NOT accept Hunter Safety Cards as training! If you are renewing your CCHP, and have not had handgun training, you will need to complete this course prior to having your CCHP renewed.
- Your fingerprints will need to be taken at the CCSO on Wednesdays only from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you are renewing your CCHP, and have already had your fingerprints taken, you will not have to go through this process again!
- A MONEY ORDER made out to CBI in the amount of $52.50, to process your fingerprints and complete the background check! If you are renewing your CCHP, you will need a MONEY ORDER made out to CBI in the amount of $13.00. NO CASH OR CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED!!
- When fingerprints are completed, they will be sent to CBI for processing. If this application is for renewal only, your completed notarized application will be sent to CBI. As explained before, there is not a time line on receiving your CCHP. This will depend on CBI.
Once your fingerprints and background have been processed by CBI and you have received clearance, the Conejos County Sheriff’s Office will notify you and make arrangements for you to come in and pick up your CCHP.
Beginning February 1st, 2019 Sheriff Crowther will be lowering the concealed weapon permit fees for Conejos County citizens from $50.00 to $10.00 Sheriff Crowther feels the price will be made affordable for all Conejos County citizens for both renewal and new permits.
PO Box 37
Conejos, CO 81129
14044 CO RD G.5
Antonito, Colorado 81120
Phone: (719) 376-2196
Fax: (719) 376-2557
Jail: (719) 376-6778